Bardon Park Chapel is set in a pleasant rural location. For more than 300 years old, it has been a place where people have met to worship Almighty God.
We meet together as "a simple fellowship of Christians". We try to show friendship and care to each other and towards people in the locality who are sad or troubled.
Sunday service at 10.30am.
Bardon Park Chapel,
Telephone: 01530 24 25 26
BARDON PARK was one of the
ancient deer parks of Leicestershire.There is documentary evidence that the Park existed as early as 1270. It was part of the extensive manor of
Whitwick, and in the early days it was known as Whitwick Park.
The meetinghouse was probably built about 1694. But the origins of the meeting go back to the events of 1662 when the Presbyterians and Independents lost
control of the parish churches of England, and were forced to operate "underground".
Please do not be misled by the "1877" datestone above the entrance door. This is the date the chapel was re-modelled; not the date it was built.